Jan 16, 2012 | Comments 1
quot;Fix Your Own Computer For Seniors For Dummies quot; by Corey Sandler
Publisher: For Dummies | ISBN: 0470500875 | 2009 | File type: PDF | 384 pages | 14 mb
Learn to diagnose and fix simple PC problems with this easy-to-follow guide
When something goes wrong with your computer, it’s frustrating and potentially expensive. With Fix Your Own Computer For Seniors For Dummies, you can find out what’s wrong, how to fix it, whether you need to call in professional help, and how to practice preventive maintenance.
This friendly guide avoids techie jargon and shows you how to diagnose the problem, find out whether the software or hardware is at fault, make simple repairs, and add external devices such as scanners, printers, and hard drives. It also helps you maintain your computer through basic steps like defragmenting the hard drive and cleaning out files – techniques that can prevent a lot of problems from occurring in the first place.
* Written specifically for first-time computer users, this book explains how to diagnose basic PC problems, understand error messages, and fix common issues
* Specific step-by-step procedures guide you through basic repairs such as replacing the hard drive
* Explains common mistakes and how to avoid them
* Outlines the steps for preventive maintenance, such as how to defragment the hard drive, clean files, delete old files, and organize files
* Explores ways to expand and enhance a computer with external devices including hard drives, Web cameras, Web phones, scanners, printers, flash drives and other hardware
* Shows what you can fix yourself and when to seek help from a repair service or the manufacturer
Easy to read and follow, Fix Your Own Computer For Seniors For Dummies will boost your confidence when dealing with your computer and with professional technicians, too.
please no Mirrors below! thanks!