Apr 13, 2011 | Comments 1
Krause’s Food Nutrition Therapy
12 edition (September 18, 2007) | ISBN: 1416034013 | 1376 pages | File type: PDF | 187 mb
In print for more than 50 years, KRAUSE’S FOOD NUTRITION THERAPY has been recognized internationally as the most authoritative text on nutrition. This new edition continues its tradition of providing the most comprehensive and up-to-date content available today. New chapters on medical nutrition therapy for psychiatric disease and developmental disorders spotlight the advances made in these areas. Extensive appendices, tables, illustrations, figures, and clinical insight boxes give practical hands-on procedures and clinical tools with the most current information, including brand-new guidelines on food intake and physical activity, and highlight the inclusion of the new food guide pyramid, MyPyramid, to use in everyday practice.
* Edited by two leading experts in nutrition, L. Kathleen Mahan and Sylvia Escott-Stump, and written by nationally recognized contributors to ensure that all information is comprehensive and current.
* Hundreds of full-color illustrations bring nutrition therapy to life and provide a realistic representation of clinical practice.
* UNIQUE! Pathophysiology algorithms present the cause, pathophysiology, and the medical nutrition management for a variety of disorders and conditions, helping you better understand the illness process and provide optimum nutritional care.
* Clinical Insight, New Directions, and Focus On boxes provide additional information and suggest further discussion, study, or research.
* Clinical Scenarios offer case studies that help you apply what you’ve learned to real-world situations.
* Relevant websites direct you to online resources for further information on specific chapter topics.
* Key Terms are defined at the beginning of each chapter and highlighted within the text to help you focus your study and test your mastery of the information.
* Evolve Student Resource contains WebLinks and more than 1,000 self-assessment study questions that provide instant feedback.
Would you like to see:
krauses food nutrition and diet therapy free download